Tuesday, August 22, 2006

FIVE PEOPLE MEME

Argent by the Tiber tagged me for a MeMe list.

The question is: "If you could meet and have a deep conversation with any five people on earth, living or dead, from any time period, who would they be?"

You have to name five people from five categories; here they are in no particular order. (The comments are not required, but I couldn't resist)

SAINTS
1) St. Thomas More. If you need to know why, I suggest you find out.
2) St. Paul, the Apostle. So he could explain Romans to me in detail.
3) The prophet Isaiah. So he could tell me that yes, he was in fact referring to a virgin in 7:14. I already know this to be true but I would love the first-hand info to trash liberal Scripture scholars.
4) St. Athanasius. "Athanasius contra mundi." Nuff said.
5) St. Francis De Sales. To learn about all the spiritual wisdom and charity I am lacking.
6) St. Jerome. Yes, I know I've gone over quota but this is my freakin' blog. If this offends you get your own freakin' blog and stick to the rules. I'd ask what he did to become a saint in spite of his sarcasm and proness to anger. Now, aren't you glad I included him?

THOSE IN THE PROCESS OF BEING CANONIZED

1) Charles de Foucauld
2)Cardinal Clemens August Von Galen.
3) Marianne Cope. She lived very near where I was born.
4) Cardinal John Henry Newman. His sermons are incredible. And his novel Callista is must reading.
5) Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen. His preaching and lectures are great.

HEROES FROM YOUR NATIVE COUNTRY

1) George Washington.
2) Andrew Jackson
3) Tecumseh
4)General/PresidentUlysses S. Grant
5)General William Tecumseh Sherman. These last two cancel out Argent's two rebels, but I make no apologies to the state of Georgia.

AUTHORS

1) King David. The psalms of David.
2) Robert Louis Stevenson. KIDNAPPED, TREASURE ISLAND, DR. JECKYL AND MR. HYDE.
3) Jules Verne.
4) Louis L'Amour.
5) Nathanael Hawthorne. HOUSE OF THE SEVEN GABLES, THE LEGEND OF SLEEPY HOLLOW.

CELEBRITIES

1) Barry Bonds. So I can ask him how he feels about Mister Augustinus Mooing him. Not very deep, but funny.
2) Madonna. So I can tell her what i think of her.
3) Hans Kung. So I can tell him what I think of him.
4) Lou Gerhig. Even though i hate the yanks.
5) Ronald Reagan. I'd like to talk to him as the former president, not as an actor.

The five people I tag:

1) Mister Augustinus.
2) Misses Amy Proctor.
3) Dust I am
4) Mister Michael Barber
5) Mister Mike Aquilina.

They in turn have to tag five people.

2 comments:

DimBulb said...

My apologies to everyone!

Dust I Am said...

Saint Jerome would be the guy you would watch on a TV interview show!

King David would probably be number one on my list (except for Jesus and his Mother, of course). I admire leadership and he was the ultimate leader of his country. When you read David's story, look for all the aspects of leadership. Especially note how much his men loved him. He was brave and intelligent, and humble enough to confess his sins and make sacrifices for them before God and his people.

Archbishop Levebvre is a great saint, similar to St. Jerome and St. Athanasius. I saw the Archbishop a couple of times over twenty years ago.

Zebulon Pike or one of the early explorers of Kansas--because of his bravery, although he finally got killed proving it. I'm reading a book about Pike as he traveled west through Kansas to Colorado and New Mexico, was captured by the Spaniards, taken to old Mexico, then released back to the Louisiana Purchase.

Celebrities--I can't think of anyone that would have anything important to say that he/she hasn't already said in the media.

With regard to Madonna, I continue to pray for her that she repent. One problem is that when she finally returns to the Church of her childhood, no one will believe she is being truthful. Everyone will think it is another publicity stunt. Also, her bad stuff has been recorded, so like Mel Gibson's early bad movies, her recordings will continue to be rerun, even when she doesn't want it.