Argent by the Tiber tagged me for a MeMe list.
The question is: "If you could meet and have a deep conversation with any five people on earth, living or dead, from any time period, who would they be?"
You have to name five people from five categories; here they are in no particular order. (The comments are not required, but I couldn't resist)
1) St. Thomas More. If you need to know why, I suggest you find out.
2) St. Paul, the Apostle. So he could explain Romans to me in detail.
3) The prophet Isaiah. So he could tell me that yes, he was in fact referring to a virgin in 7:14. I already know this to be true but I would love the first-hand info to trash liberal Scripture scholars.
4) St. Athanasius. "Athanasius contra mundi." Nuff said.
5) St. Francis De Sales. To learn about all the spiritual wisdom and charity I am lacking.
6) St. Jerome. Yes, I know I've gone over quota but this is my freakin' blog. If this offends you get your own freakin' blog and stick to the rules. I'd ask what he did to become a saint in spite of his sarcasm and proness to anger. Now, aren't you glad I included him?
THOSE IN THE PROCESS OF BEING CANONIZED
1) Charles de Foucauld
2)Cardinal Clemens August Von Galen.
3) Marianne Cope. She lived very near where I was born.
4) Cardinal John Henry Newman. His sermons are incredible. And his novel Callista is must reading.
5) Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen. His preaching and lectures are great.
HEROES FROM YOUR NATIVE COUNTRY
1) George Washington.
2) Andrew Jackson
4)General/PresidentUlysses S. Grant
5)General William Tecumseh Sherman. These last two cancel out Argent's two rebels, but I make no apologies to the state of Georgia.
1) King David. The psalms of David.
2) Robert Louis Stevenson. KIDNAPPED, TREASURE ISLAND, DR. JECKYL AND MR. HYDE.
3) Jules Verne.
4) Louis L'Amour.
5) Nathanael Hawthorne. HOUSE OF THE SEVEN GABLES, THE LEGEND OF SLEEPY HOLLOW.
1) Barry Bonds. So I can ask him how he feels about Mister Augustinus Mooing him. Not very deep, but funny.
2) Madonna. So I can tell her what i think of her.
3) Hans Kung. So I can tell him what I think of him.
4) Lou Gerhig. Even though i hate the yanks.
5) Ronald Reagan. I'd like to talk to him as the former president, not as an actor.
The five people I tag:
1) Mister Augustinus.
2) Misses Amy Proctor.
3) Dust I am
4) Mister Michael Barber
5) Mister Mike Aquilina.
They in turn have to tag five people.
3 years ago